Women’s Personal Protection
Choose not to be a victim!
This seminars are designed to meet women’s specific needs regarding personal safety and self defense in the streets, at work, or at home. Our goal is to empower women through knowledge and understanding of what goes on emotionally and psychologically during a confrontation. We focus on awareness, verbal de-escalation, fear management, mindset, and simple, intuitive tactics.
Life is a series of choices that define us…Choose to take control of your safety; choose to be a resource and an example for other women in your life; choose to prepare and prevail!!!
Who are we preparing to defend against?
Resource predator Vs. Process predator:
How do you prepare to stay safe?
- Our approach to Self Defense Training is designed to prepare you emotionally, psychologically and physically to be better able to prevail during conflict.
What are the four principles of personal safety?
OBSERVE: pay attention to your environment as much as possible
- Awareness Vs Paranoia
- Intuition: how does it works and why we should always follow it
- When awareness fails: Counter ambush training methodologies
AVOID: the confrontation when possible:
- Walk/run away
- Dial 911
- Scream for help
DECREASE: the intensity of the confrontation if possible.
- Non Violent Posture
- Body language
- Choice Speech
PROTECT: when everything else fails, violence is the answer. Fight to Win!
Introduction to Intuitive Tactics:
- Palm strikes
- Hammer fist
- Elbow Strikes (vertical, horizontal, diagonal)
- Knee Strikes
- Shin Kick
- Soccer kick
- Face Rake
- Self Defense Tools
- Improvised Weapons
Do you understand Fear, its purpose and how it affects our performance?
- Psychological vs. Biological fear
- Fight – Flight – Freeze
- Intimidation / Self-Intimidation
- Permission to do harm
- Personal Directive
- Power of Indignation
- Positive Emotional Triggers
- Mindset and Stress Exposure Training
Fundamental Principles of fear management:
- Accept What’s Happening
- Get Challenged
- Don’t Stop Thinking About How To Prevail
People attack each other in very predictable ways,
Learning about them will allow us to initiate our defense sooner:
- Most common attacks
- Pre-contact indicators
- The startle-flinch reaction and how to convert it into a combative response
FORCE on FORCE SCENARIOS:
You will participate in realistic scenarios with trained role players (wearing protective gear) to test and evaluate the skills learned during the course.